Monday 24 March 2014

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette Review...






Urban Decay are renowned for their Naked collections. First came the original palette that everyone and their dog seemed to rave about. After watching a few of Tanya Burr's tutorials using this palette I thought about buying it but never actually got round to it. Then the Naked 2 palette was launched, in my opinion it didn't look too dissimilar to the original palette so I wasn't overly fussed. But then came the launch of the 3rd palette, Naked 3! Now this was something to get excited about. It was completely different to the first 2, pinks, shimmer, rose golds, every single shade looked delicious.

There are 4 glitter shadows, two of which are super glittery, Dust and Buzz which you don't get too much colour payoff from. I find it best to dampen these shadows before applying to get a better result. Then there are two matte shadows, Limit and Nooner. Both are dusty rose shades, Limit being the lighter of the two and requires a bit of build up. One is a satin-matte shade, Strange. Although not a strange colour at all, this pink vanilla shade works well with all the other colours. Then the rest are a mix of shimmer and satin. As always the quality is amazing but you do get a bit of fall out with these.

I think a lot of different looks can be extracted from this palette. Keep things soft and pretty by using the left hand side of the palette or create something a bit more dramatic with the colours on the left. Mugshot and Factory are two of my favourites shades to create something with a bit more depth. Whats also great about this palette is that it seems to suit all skin tones and eye colours. I think I will be using this palette a lot for future bridal makeup. It's hard to go too full on and I think a lot of people will be goo-ing and gah-ing at any look you choose to create.

The palette is £37, however it does contain 12 shades, a double ended shadow brush (which is actually pretty darn good) and 4 samples of the Urban Decay Primer Potions. It's available at Debenhams, House of Fraser or online.

Let me know if you have any of the Naked palettes and which one is your favourite. I am really tempted to purchase the original palette now that I have fallen in love with this!


No comments:

Post a Comment