Friday 14 March 2014

Rituals Fresh Fig & Rice Milk Whipped Body Cream...



One of my new years resolutions was to take better care of my body. Get fit, lose weight and look after my skin. I'm pleased to say that I have generally stuck to it! I am eating a lot better, no more snacks or greasy takeaways, I have started up my running again and I treated myself to some luxurious body care products.

This may sound really grim but I never used to moisturise my body. My face, of course but the rest of me, too much effort! I can be extremely lazy at times. But something kept on nagging at me to start doing it and I kept on hearing so many raves about different body creams. There was of course Laura Mercier's offering, Almond Coconut Milk and Fresh Fig Creme both smell amazing! And Soap and Glory also have a great range to offer. But I had first heard about Rituals when Fluer De Force posted a review on her blog about the Honey Touch body cream. Fluer said that she was obsessed by this, her review made me want to buy it instantly.

So I went onto Feel Unique to have a snoop. Bearing in mind I hadn't ever smelt any of Rituals scents I didn't really know which one to go for (they offer quite a variety!) Do I go on Fluer's recommendation or do I try something different? I love the smell of anything that contains fig so when I saw the Touch of Hammam Ultra Rich Whipped Body Cream with Fresh Fig & Rice Milk I thought perfect, that's the one for me. I also nabbed the Hammam Delight Foaming Shower Gel Sensation in Fresh Eucalyptus and Rosemary so I could smell extra delightful!

The cream itself is rather gorgeous, I can see why Fluer became so obsessed with it. The texture is quite thick but when applying in onto the skin it sinks in beautifully. It leaves my skin feeling so soft and the smell, well I just love it. It lingers for ages and when I apply it just after my evening shower I can smell it wafting around my bedroom (and my PJ's smell gorge).

The shower gel is pretty lovely as well. It has a totally different smell, really fresh and minty. I squeeze one big pump onto my hands, it first appears as a gel and then when you rub your hands together it turns into a foam. It really lathers up so a little goes a long way, I can basically scrub my whole body from head to toe with 2 pumps. I actually look forward to my showers now so I get to use these two products.

The whole Rituals range is available from Feel Unique. The body cream is £17 for a 200ml tub and the shower gel is £8.50 for 200ml. Have you ever tried anything from the range? I think I will definitely be buying the Honey Touch body cream once mine is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment