Friday 3 January 2014

MAC Extended Play Lash Mascara Review...


Finding a really good mascara can sometimes be a very hard task. I don't tend to purchase high end mascaras as I find Rimmel & Maybelline both offer some really great products. However after falling in love with the YSL Baby Doll mascara earlier on in the year, I found that high end makeup has a bit more to offer. My beloved Baby Doll mascara was on the pricey side, £25, although I LOVED it, I am not prepared to cough up that sort of money every other month.

So after Rhianna had launched her new collection with MAC last year I kept hearing good things about  her Extended Play Mascara. Fluer De Force in particular seemed really impressed and her lashes always look pretty phenomenal. Unfortunately by the time I got round to a MAC counter her collection had pretty much sold out. However I found out that it's actually part of MAC's permanent line (must be good!) but just wasn't in the snazzy pink and rose gold packaging, boo!

Ok so if I am honest I still prefer the YSL mascara but at £15.50, this comes in at a very close 2nd. It's a super lengthening and defining mascara which is also pretty good at adding volume to your lashes as well. Finding all 3 qualities in a mascara is pretty darn rare so I was really impressed. The brush is probably the smallest brush I have ever used but that's what makes it really good. It's really easy to reach every single lash and coats the bottom lashes nicely. I am probably the messiest gal when applying mascara (I must go through about 10 cotton buds a day to remove the mess I create all over my lids) but this wand seems to help me out a little. (Now I seem to use only 3 or 4 to clean things up!)

It lasts all day, no flaking or smudging and it still looks pretty good when I go to take to off at 11pm at night. 

Overall this is a really good mascara and a lot of people seem to agree. Lisa Eldridge and Sam Chapman from Pixiwoo have both raved about it on their YouTube channels. If your still thinking about buying the YSL Baby Doll mascara then compare my review here.

Thanks for reading, Becca...X


No comments:

Post a Comment