Tuesday 27 August 2013

YSL Baby Doll Mascara...



I had been thinking about a new mascara for a while but I couldn't choose between the Benefit 'They're Real' mascara or the YSL 'baby doll'. They were both pretty expensive so I was cautious of which one to purchase. I was talking to the young girl on the Benefit counter about my predicament and she actually advised me to go for the YSL 'baby doll' mascara. She said it was much easier to remove and had a nicer smell than the 'They're Real' mascara, I was sold!

The baby doll mascara is a little pricier, at £25 I thought I was bit mad to spend that much money however I was so pleased that I did. I cannot fault this mascara, it really is fantastic! For a start I just love the name 'baby doll', the packaging is also gorgeous, one thing YSL never fault with, and my lashes have never looked so good!

The wand itself is plastic, so the bristles stay intact and hold the actual product much better. I find that a plastic wand is also easier to guide through the lashes, it combs itself through with ease and is less prone to clump the lashes. One sweep gives perfectly defined natural looking lashes but a second sweep really gives more of a dramatic look. It lengthens & thickens the lashes and is absolutely perfect for the bottom ones as well.

I personally think this is the best mascara I have ever tried, I seriously can't say a bad thing about it. But is it really worth the hefty price tag? £25 is a ridiculous amount of money to spend but I don't feel guilty just because I have loved using it. Would I buy it again? I don't think I would personally fork out for it again, it's too expensive to repurchase again and again but it would make a lovely gift. I know it's early to start thinking about Xmas but this is definitely going on my list!

Have you tried the YSL 'baby doll' mascara? Let me know what your favourite is at the moment.

Love Becca...X

No comments:

Post a Comment